Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT and Andy Peters are joined by Alex Biancchi and the one and only Grand Prix Toronto finalist Jon Stern, to take about playing Burn at the Pro Tour and Grand Prix, and other Modern matchups.
- (00:01:23) So how many GP Top 8s is this for Jon
- (00:07:03) Why the switch from his usual Affinity to Burn for Jon at the Pro Tour and this GP? And why did he test solo for these events?
- (00:17:35) How interesting was Jon’s sideboard plan of Ensnaring Bridge AND Leyline of Sanctity for Burn? And why that Vexing Devil maindeck?
- (00:31:15) Is the Bogles matchup really that bad for Burn?
- (00:39:46) Thoughts on Lucas Siow’s game loss for allegedly “marked cards” in his deck? Should foils be banned from Competitive and Professional REL tournaments?
- (00:51:06) How well is the 8-round Day 1 structure working out for Jon and Alex? What was Alex’s GP experience playing UW Control?
- (01:00:26) Dodgeball strategy with Jon Stern.
- (01:04:46) All about the Modern Grishoalbrand vs Burn matchup with GP Toronto Top 8 fellow Jonathan Zhang.
- (01:13:59) How long has Jonathan Zhang been playing Grishoalbrand? How does that deck fit into the Modern metagame?
Your hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.