Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Robert, and Andy Robdrup meet up with Jonathan Medina to talk about Grand Prix New Jersey, the new Challenger decks for Standard, and how to improve everything from Magic tournament video to the Grand Prix experience.
- (00:01:13) Why is GP New Jersey winner Kale Thompson so good at Limited? How did he prepare for the GP?
- (00:06:39) What was the story behind the final turn of the finals?
- (00:09:50) So how did Andy’s Grand Prix go?
- (00:12:33) Are retiring Duel Decks for Challenger Standard decks a terrible idea?
- (00:31:25) Will Challenger decks be good or bad for the secondary card market?
- (00:36:04) Can anything be done to bring more viewers to tournament streams, especially Limited tournaments?
- (00:52:05) Are versus video series the best Magic content? What is the best approach to Magic video content? Is there anything to learn from Hearthstone content?
- (01:07:19) Should there be fees for all Grand Prix attendees, even those not playing?
- (01:19:07) What card in Standard is awesome but not seeing play?
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.