First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast that discusses competitive and social aspects of the game. In this episode, the first weekend of Aether Revolt Standard is in the books, and KYT moderates the debate topics between Robert Lombardi and Vince D’Agostino.
- (00:11) Aether Revolt Standard after the SCG Open, what is the best Saheeli Rai deck?
- (09:34) Which GB Energy Aggro build from the weekend is best?
- (15:56) Is there place for Mardu in this new metagame?
- (18:18) What cards did they expect to see more play?
- (22:16) Best commons of each colour for Aether Revolt Limited?
- (23:38) Best commons for Limited: White
- (30:14) Best commons for Limited: Blue
- (35:17) Best commons for Limited: Black
- (38:44) Best commons for Limited: Red
- (43:55) Best commons for Limited: Green and Artifacts
- (54:05) Do any Limited archetypes stand out already?
- (1:08:08) Would they want Inspiring Statuary in their decks?
- (1:10:22) Are Prereleases still worth holding?
You hosts on Twitter: