First Strike #16 – From Playing It Forward to Renting a Deck
In this episode, KYT welcomes guest Chantelle Campbell, Grand Prix Vancouver 24th place and Play It Forward winner to fiercely debate Magic the Gathering topics with Robert Lombardi and Doug Potter.
- (00:03:32) Introducing Chantelle
- (00:05:05) The genesis of the Nahiri Breach deck, and how does it fare against the new darling of the meta, Death’s Shadow Jund?
- (00:09:48) How did Chantelle win the Play It Forward prize for GP Vancouver?
- (00:13:47) Why is it important to showcase the success of women and non-binary gender players at Magic’s highest levels?
- (00:20:04) Is it worth taking risks on up-and-coming players in the new Pro Tour teams?
- (00:25:18) What Standard deck does Chantelle recommend for upcoming RPTQs this weekend?
- (00:30:56) What are the worst matchups for Mardu Vehicles in Standard right now? What deck is best for an RPTQ?
- (00:46:56) Are services for renting decks, paper and online, worth it?
- (01:07:50) How much maindeck artifact hate is reasonable in Standard?
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted by KYT that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.