Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Robert and Bryan debrief after the Pro Tour to sound off on choosing the right deck, Amonkhet draft, and Standard going forward, and are joined by Derek Pite and Shaheen Soorani.
- (00:01:37) Rob returns from Pro Tour Amonkhet! What deck he finally chose to play at the 11th hour, and why.
- (00:09:32) Why Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa feels it is wrong to audible into a new deck right before the Pro Tour.
- (00:13:50) Is there more information going into a Pro Tour now, or during the “Kai Budde days” of the PT?
- (00:19:34) What was Derek Pite’s impression of the metagame and why did he choose to play a different deck from his testing teammates? Who finally picked which deck on Rob’s testing team?
- (00:24:56) Rob & Derek killed it in draft day 1. Were they just lucky, or what did they discover?
- (00:29:22) What would Derek play in Standard at GP Montreal based on what he learned at the Pro Tour?
- (00:34:33) What was Bryan’s impression of the Pro Tour stream overall, and of Gerry T’s win? Why it’s important to learn from your mistakes, even at the highest level of Magic.
- (00:46:27) What would Bryan and Robert play in Standard going forward, after what they saw at the Pro Tour?
- (00:53:09) Is there too much variance in Magic to see individual stars on top, and can teams smooth out the star-building?
- (00:58:19) What does Shaheen Soorani think of the team showcase from the Pro Tour? And why did Chris Fennell dream-crush Reid Duke going into the final rounds?
- (01:12:23) Does Shaheen believe there is a viable control deck in Standard? He would play Blue-Black Control.
- (01:21:38) What does Shaheen think of the Blue-Red deck in Standard? And of the Zombies deck?
You hosts on Twitter:
KYT – @kytmagic
Robert Lombardi – @RobertLombardi0
Derek Pite – @misplacedginger
Shaheen Soorani – @shaheenmtg
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted by KYT that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.