First Strike #3 – From Aetherworks Marvel to Magic as an E-Sport
Welcome to the 3rd episode of First Strike podcast! First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast that discusses competitive and social aspects of the game.
In this episode, Captain Canada moderates the debate between Pro Tour and Grand Prix stalwart Bryan Gottlieb, and Robert Lombardi of Hamilton.
- (4:20) Is GR Aetherworks the best deck in Standard?
- (10:00) Is Standard healthy? And is UW really a bad deck?
- (24:09) Controversy from GP Denver: Seth Manfield pile shuffling, Shuhei Nakamura’s mana mixup.
- (38:59) After Modern RPTQ Heartbreak, is Modern the worst format of all time?
- (56:12) Is it possible for Magic to succeed as an e-sport, and if not, what changes would need to be made to the game for it to succeed?
You hosts on Twitter: