First Strike #34 – From Reading New Cards To Reading the Hive Mind
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT welcomes amazing streamer Travis “Semulin” Sowers, along with Rob Lombardi and Vince D’Agostino to debate early lessons from Hour of Devastation limited, to whether feeding the hive mind decklists is really what is killing Standard?
- (00:02:24) What is the main thing to do when first jumping on a new sealed format, like Hour of Devastation?
- (00:06:12) What early lessons have Travis learned from Hour of Devastation sealed on MTGO? And Vince?
- (00:15:05) Reflecting back on Amonkhet limited. How about that Cycling deck?
- (00:20:34) As a streamer, how to deal with haters and weather draft criticism? Especially when first-picking Edifice of Authority over Liliana’s Mastery?
- (00:37:10) Are MTGO event decklists really killing constructed by solving formats too early?
- (00:49:40) Is a solved metagame better or worse for stores?
- (00:54:10) SDCC hieroglyphic art planeswalkers? What do they think?
- (00:59:07) Going into Grand Prix Toronto in two weeks, more Prerelease thoughts. Did the Zombies deck become better or worse?
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.