First Strike #42 – From MODO PTQ Champion To The End of Byes
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Robert, and Bryan chat with special guest Connor Bryant about his recent Magic Online PTQ win, the state of Modern, and Ixalan cards.
- (00:01:07) Connor Bryant took down the most recent MODO PTQ with Dredge.
- (00:09:04) How does that UR Through the Breach Control deck look in Modern now?
- (00:14:32) Can people react to the metagame in Modern? What deck to pick up for a PPTQ?
- (00:17:58) Can Ashes of the Abhorrent have any kind of impact on Modern graveyard decks?
- (00:20:29) What about that GW Ramp Standard deck in the top 8 of GP DC? What about Mardu?
- (00:34:25) Are there any new Ixalan cards that will look good in Modern?
- (00:41:16) Are byes in a Grand Prix too unfair an advantage for established players? What solution would make byes more fair for the entire field of a large tournament?
- (01:04:26) Ixalan cards: Sanctum Seeker, what about this “almost Hellrider for Vampires”?
Savage Taunt: The most drafted uncommon?
Conqueror’s Galleon: How playable is this card?
- (01:06:12) Can words be eliminated from a gamer’s vocabulary to make communication more engaging?
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.