First Strike #43 – From Examining the Arena To Looking Like a Conquistador
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Robert, and Vince reveal two exclusive Ixalan previews, and take an in-depth look at the newly-announced MTGArena digital game.
- (00:02:05) KYT came out of retirement to play UW at a Modern PPTQ, how did he do and what does he think of the deck?
- (00:16:43) First impressions of MTGArena?
- (00:33:22) Will the design of card mechanics for real life Magic be influenced by MTGArena?
- (00:39:13) Could poker card-reading technology help streaming really Magic? What else could benefit feature matches?
- (00:49:41) Viewer question: In IRL PPTQs, should anything be done about players who double draw into Top 8?
- (00:56:48) New Blood Moon rule changes: How big is this?
- (01:03:35) First Strike looks at two exclusive Ixalan Previews: Vicious Conquistador…
- (01:01:11) …and Makeshift Munitions!
- (01:18:01) More Ixalan spoilers: Growing Rites of Itlimoc, Spell Swindle, Bellowing Aegisaur, Huatli,Warrior Poet, Vraska, Relic Seeker
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.