Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Robert, Bryan, and Vince comes on to talk about his game café, Waypoint Games. The cast is joined by Derek Pite to look at all the possible decks in the current Standard. And finally, is Modern safe from JTMS this week?
- (00:02:38) Vince opened a gaming café!
- (00:17:23) After playing UB Control in a Standard PPTQ, what does Bryan think of the metagame right now? Is Mono-red on top? Where is the metagame heading?
- (00:25:39) Which removal is better in the current metagame: Ixalan’s Binding vs Vraska’s Contempt?
- (00:29:34) Can a GB Constrictor deck be better than UB Midrange in the current Standard? How about that GW deck in 12th place from the recent MTGO PTQ results?
- (00:37:15) So what should people play at their Standard PPTQ this weekend?
- (00:44:06) Tron was a large part of the GP Lyon Top 8. Can it still be as strong in a Jace & Bloodbraid Modern?
- (00:49:39) Is it time to cut Serum Visions from Grixis lists in Modern? Is JTMS as scary in Modern as some people claimed?
- (00:57:52) For tournaments with live coverage, is it better to only show each player’s maindeck, or the maindeck plus the sideboard?
Your hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.