Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
Andy and Derek welcome Keith Capstick, who has returned to Canada after a top 16 finish in Legacy at GP Seattle last weekend, as they talk cool Legacy plays, choosing a deck for the Modern metagame, and take a close look at ManaDeprived’s two official Dominaria preview cards: War-Cry Phoenix and Blackblade Reforged!
- (00:01:16) Why did Keith choose 4-colour Control over say, Delver, for Legacy in Seattle last weekend? When is Force of Will a liability in Legacy? What are some of the coolest Legacy plays Keith saw in his matches over the weekend? What are the match-ups his deck wants to see?
- (00:14:17) What were some of the card choices Keith made differently from Edgar Magalhaes’ Control deck?
- (00:22:24) How are Andy and Keith preparing for Modern at GP Hartford this weekend? How does Jund prepare for both the Hollow One and the Humans match-ups? But what about Bring to Light Scapeshift? How many Bloodbraid Elves is right for Jund?
- (00:40:36) Why did Mono-Red go 18-0 in Standard at GP Seattle? And will the Blue-Red God-Pharaoh’s Gift deck be as good going forward?
- (00:49:36) Does the ever-changing metagame make this Standard format good? What would the guys play this weekend? And how exciting was that undefeated run? Can any of the hosts claim going undefeated at a tournament?
- (00:56:59) Official Dominaria preview card: War-Cry Phoenix!
- (01:01:43) Official Dominaria preview card: Blackblade Reforged!
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.