Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Rob, and Derek are joined by guests Bryan Gottlieb and Connor Bryant, to cover new game board layout policy changes, and how Dominaria is already changing Modern, Standard, and Limited.
- (00:04:59) Game layout policy changes: Does this sound like a good change?
- (00:15:31) What cards from Dominaria are looking good for Modern? Can Skirk Prospector make Goblins? Is Dredge now relegated to being a worse Hollow One deck? Will Damping Sphere kill Tron, Storm, and KCI? Will The Antiquities War find a fit? Which deck does Conner recommend for listeners going into this weekend?
- (00:31:50) Listener question: In Standard right now, is it worth dedicating a lot of sideboard space to beating a very bad matchup, or just playing the match-up lottery?
- (00:35:32) How is Standard with Dominaria looking on MTGO? Derek playing UB Midrange in Standard. Will Syncopate help define Standard?
- (00:41:44) Will Karn, Scion of Urza redefine Affinity in Modern?
- (00:47:12) What other decks in Standard are finding success with Dominaria cards?
- (00:53:27) One weekend in, how does Dominaria Limited look? Is Dominaria slower-paced than Rivals of Ixalan?
- (00:58:18) Bryan was interviewed on Humans of Magic podcast! What was that like?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.