Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Derek, and Andy welcome Daniel Fournier, fresh off winning an MTGO Standard PTQ with BW Vehicles and Dean McLaren, winner of the Red Deer F2F Modern Open with Krark-Clan Ironworks.
- (00:03:04) Is it a surprise that BW Vehicles took down a PTQ?
- (00:11:50) What is the best Standard deck for this weekend? Is adjusting to your opponent’s sideboard plan more important than playing the right deck? Is Cast Out better than Vraska’s Contempt?
- (00:34:33) Humans seems to be dominating Modern, so is KCI the deck to beat it? What was the Modern metagame in Red Deer? Just how good is Karn, Scion of Urza in Affinity in Modern? Are Death’s Shadow and Infect dead in Modern?
- (00:46:21) Should Splinter Twin be unbanned in the current Modern? What is expected for announcement day coming up, and will it be good or bad news for the Pro Tour?
- (00:52:10) Is it getting too hard to be Pro Magic player these days?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.