Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Derek, and Andy discuss What Happened at Andy’s MTGO PTQ with Modern-Turbo Vizier and Derek’s GP Washington DC. They welcome GP DC winner Andrew Tenjum to talk Limited, and Calgary’s Brian Ziemba to debate takesy-backsies and the Battle Bond set release.
- (00:02:48) Turbo-Vizier in Modern. Is it still good despite Andy piloting the deck to 1-2 at the MTGO PTQ last weekend? What about Standard?
- (00:08:28) What has Derek been playing in Standard and what would he recommend for the Pro Tour this weekend? Does Derek believe Jeff Cunningham when he says that BG Snake beats the RB matchup? Speaking of which, what is the best approach for RB right now?
- (00:15:51) So what happened to Derek at Grand Prix Washington DC last weekend? What takeaways does Derek have about Dominaria Limited?
- (00:23:48) GP Washington DC winner Andrew Tenjum joins the show. Is Andrew a constructed or limited player?
- (00:29:17) What was Andrew’s prep like for the team limited format for the GP? How did his team come together? Which cards did the team disagree on for limited? Now that he’s qualified for the Pro Tour Dominaria this weekend, how is he prepping?
- (00:46:29) Calgary stalwart Brian Ziemba joins the show for a hot debate. Should take-backs be allowed at Competitive REL events? In what situations are they already?
(01:08:22) What is everyone’s take on Battle Bond? How good is Arena Rector?
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.