Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT and Rob Lombardi, are joined by Shaheen Soorani, Derek Pite, and Grand Prix Toronto virtual top 8 finisher Cody Gravelle to react to the news of the hot unbannings in Modern, tell stories from the Grand Prix, and look to the future of Modern.
- (00:02:58) Why did Shaheen bring Krark-Clan Ironworks to the Pro Tour?
- (00:07:20) So why did Shaheen not play Lantern? What about UW Control?
- (00:10:23) Reactions to Jace the Mind Sculptor and Bloodbraid Elf being unbanned.
- (00:30:01) What Modern decks actually want Jace TMS?
- (00:38:44) Is Modern the best Constructed spectator format of all time?
- (00:48:40) Cody Gravelle played Mardu Pyromancer to 9th at Grand Prix Toronto. How did he like the deck? What does he think its good and bad matchups are? What about Bogles?
- (01:10:50) What Modern deck would the guys play now, after two weeks of Modern events and the news of the unbannings?
- (01:18:08) WotC announce they’re releasing more decklists from MTGO to help highlight even more archetypes
Your hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.