Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
KYT, Robert, and Bryan get together to look at what decks to play in the current Modern metagame, the viability of a Pauper Grand Prix, and Ixalan sealed. Then they are joined by Jonathan Medina to discuss the success of the goofy set, Unstable, and what its effect on new set development might be.
- (00:03:25) How has the top 8 of GP OK help decide what Robert is brewing in Modern, and what is it doing to the MTGO metagame?
- (00:08:51) Is Search for Azcanta still good enough for Modern?
- (00:15:38) Why is Wall of Omens no longer good enough for the W/U/x decks in Modern?
- (00:19:46) Is it time for a Pauper constructed Grand Prix?
- (00:29:27) What are some common mistakes players make when deciding whether to mulligan?
- (00:41:20) Advice for Ixalan sealed going into Grand Prix New Jersey?
- (00:48:40) How can a draft GP be made to work?
- (00:51:57) Will the runaway success of goofy set Unstable negatively affect future sets and the revenue from them?
- (01:16:39) Is there room for more lighthearted cards in regular set creative design and art?
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.